The water is still, like glass, as I sit at its edge
– Jesus, sitting with me, encourages me to step out,
– Step out into the water
What if I slip?
What if I lose my grip?
What if my energy for this cause drains away?
What if I don’t finish just like so many times before?
What if I fail?
This still pool of water awaits my step
– It is there for me
Can the ripples of my stepping into my pool reach pools by which others sit?
– Can they reach pools around the world?
– A child’s pool stilled by dreams shattered
– A woman’s pool stilled by hope taken
– A man’s pool stilled by options lost
– Pools of those living under oppression and injustice
– Pools waiting to be stirred
I stand and pause…
Will I trust Him?
Will I take the risk?
Will I go in?
Will I take this step?
I take Jesus’ hand and we step into the water
– The ripples start slowly then gain momentum…rolling away
– I pray they become unending ripples of God’s provision sent out, leaving hearts touched, souls awakened, and the oppressed free around the world
You are sitting by your still pool
– You are not alone
– Is it time for your first step?
Take His hand, trust Him, and go in…
© 2012 by Brooke F Sulahian