WHAT DO THEY SEE?
As I left the house this morning, I was awestruck by the sky
– The sky so black, the stars so bright
– I was amazed by God’s beauty, His creation, His order
– Like a child on Christmas morning…speechless, as I viewed His beauty and power
I thought of the oppressed, those living under the weight of injustice
– What do they see when they see the stars?
– Do they see a God who created the universe and them?
– Do they see a God who loves them or a God who is silent?
– Do they see a God who is not delivering them from their pain?
I prayed they would have hope
– Hope for moments of freedom
– Hope for a new day
– Hope in seeing God’s power and His desire to share His beauty, His stars, with them
What about those who cannot see God’s beauty, God’s stars?
– Children forced to make bricks all hours of the day who never see the sun
– Children trapped in the sex trade and forced to live in concrete rooms, their lives confined to windowless 7 foot by 7 foot boxes
– What do they see when they are given no physical vision of God’s power and beauty?
May we be a source hope for our brothers and sisters
– May we share God’s hope and Jesus’ sacrifice with them
– May they have a glimpse of the life God’s wants for each of them as we reach out
– May we see the oppressed believe in God’s power, love and provision
– May we see trapped children freed to see the sun, moon, and stars
May we all have hope in God for a new day, a life of freedom for all
– What do you see?
© 2011 by Brooke Sulahian